Sunday, November 21, 2010

WD TV Live Hub media center

WD TV Live Hub media center
I recently bought a Western Digital WD TV Live Hub media center and I am very pleased with the features and performance of this lovely little device. In short it is a wireless router, a network attached storage device, and DLNA/UPnP compatible media server all rolled into one sleek unit capable of 1080p video.  Most people will be happy about being able to stream content from Netflix Blockbuster, Facebook, and others but I am most happy with being able to get my personal content on my HDTV without having to tie up my computer.  Many months ago I purchased a mini dispaly to HDMI adapter that allows me to use my HDTV as moniotr for my iMac in eoither a mirrored fashion or as a cloned monitor and I am extreely happy with this adapter as it works very well.  Every now and then I just need to be able to view and listen to content via my HDTV while working on my laptop or desktop computers.  Often I even use my iPad to complete tasks while watching content on my HDTV.  The WD TV Live Hub media center allows me to d that with extreme ease.  I am also happy with the integration with Mediafly (see earlier post on Mediafly) which has lead me to rediscover netcasts (podcasts and videocasts) as a way for me to stay on the cutting edge on technology, science, news, and more.  In short I think this WD TV Live Hub media center was a great investment.  - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment